An Update Vs Easts This Weekend
It has been a tough few weeks for the Senior Rebels whilst the Colts have found some great form. With grade at home this weekend against Easts it is the perfect opportunity to be there to support them. Similar to last year, we have had a slow start and with injuries coming to our key playmakers, the going has at times been tough. Firsts have come close and certainly their game against Warringah was a real test and they lifted. This weekend we see Apo Latunipulu return from some time away, Bayley Keunzle come back from U/20s Aussie Reps, Waldo Wessels returns from Parra and a few more surprises.
We are also expecting a significant crowd due to Surf Club Day. Nippers, parents, families and friends from all 7 local surf clubs will be coming along making for a great day. Here are some things happening on the day.
- There will be two 20 minute Womens 7s games on main oval (2:40pm & 4:50pm)
- We hope to have team lists available at the gate for you to reference
- First Grade kick off as per normal at 3:00pm vs Easts in the inaugural Harry Gibbons Cup
- The sponsors area will be at capacity and the area extended to accommodate
- We have added plenty of staff on the day to reduce pressure at our serving points
- We have ordered plenty of beverages and food to keep you all nourished and hydrated
- Can Bar and Box Seat Bar open at 1:00pm with canteen at 9:30am
- The can bar will be serving Four Pines Pale Ale with special guests Shark Island Brewing
- Upstairs we also have Four Pines Pale Ale plus Little Green Apple Cider
- DJ Shirtless will be pumping the tunes on the family hill
- We welcome the Cronulla Sharks Water Polo team coming off their bronze win in the nationals
- There will be two raffles on the day being sold by the nippers
- Nippers will have a relay race at half time in first grade
- The Burraneer Dolphins take on the North Cronulla Sea Lice at 5:15pm in the inaugural Harry Gibbons Plate
- Local music legend MAX SMIDT and offsider Andrew, kick off the live music in the club from 6:00pm until 10:00pm
- $10 meals from our refurbished kitchen will be available from 5:30pm
So as you can see there is plenty going on this Saturday. We encourage you to get down there early, grab your spot and enjoy the day.
Here is the flyer
Surf Club Day 2019
Uploaded: 17-Jun-2019 10:00 AM
Don't forget the Coffee Van will be at the entrance.
We are a community family focussed club run by volunteers. We expect our members and guests to respect our staff of volunteers, players, referees and anyone attending a game and in return you will be treated with the same respect. We practice the Responsible Service of Alcohol. If you are deemed intoxicated you will be refused service and offered a bottled water. If you carry on like a pork chop 🥩 you will be removed from the ground and your membership will be reconsidered.